We are a rapidly expanding UK-wide vehicle logistics and fleet management company looking for a Vehicle Parts Apprentice to join our team at our purpose built site in Thurleigh, Bedford. Our business is built on strong foundations with people at the core of everything we do and we’re committed to developing our talented team to grow with us.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the automotive industry and someone who is looking to develop a career in the Parts sector of the industry. In this role, you will work alongside our experienced Parts Controller in order to develop your knowledge and skills. To support this, you will study a Level 2 Parts Advisor qualification. You will gain exposure to and work with all departments in order to get a real insight into the fleet management operation.
In order to be successful, you’ll need to have a keen interest in the industry and want to develop a career in Parts, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be willing to learn and commit to your training and development and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment. It’s also important to mention that due to the location of our site and the nature of the role, you’ll need to have a clean full UK licence and your own transport.
£5.29 per hour (40 hours per week)
Benefits to joining SMH:
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension after 3 months
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount schemes
- Access to preferential rates on vehicle leasing
- Annual leave purchase scheme (with qualifying period)
- Cycle to Work scheme (with qualifying period)
- Tech Benefits (with qualifying period)
- Regular reviews, training and 121’s to help develop and build your skills
So a typical day may involve:
- Stock taking, ordering and controlling all parts required for vehicle repairs to go ahead
- Daily management of in-house and outside suppliers i.e. tyres, windscreens etc, overcoming any obstacles through communicating with different areas of the business
- Liaising with Workshop team with regards to any unavailable or delayed parts, reporting any issues to the manager
- Liaising with customers regarding delays in the process and updating the in-house system
- Following assignments through to completion, meeting deadlines and delivering on promises
- Committing to your training and development within the role
We are interested in hearing from you if:
- You have a keen interest in the automotive industry
- You are willing to work to tight deadlines and as part of a team
- You have good organisational and prioritising skills
- You are able to work accurately with a high level of attention to detail
- You are looking to join a growing company and build on your skills and experience.
If you like the sound of what you have read and meet our criteria, we look forward to hearing from you in soon!