We are a rapidly expanding UK-wide vehicle logistics and fleet management company looking for a Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join our Workshop team at our purpose built site in Thurleigh, Bedford. Our business is built on strong foundations with people at the core of everything we do and we’re committed to developing our talented team to grow with us.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in vehicle repair and the automotive industry and who is looking to develop their knowledge and skills. You will study a Level 2 in Light Vehicle maintenance and repair and spend time with the Workshop team to kick start your training and to understand the day to day function which includes vehicle servicing, PDI (pre delivery inspection), fault diagnosis and repairs.
In order to be successful, you’ll need to have a keen interest in vehicle repair, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be willing to learn and commit to your training and development and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment. It’s also important to mention that due to the location of our site and the nature of the role, you’ll need to have a clean full UK licence and your own transport.
£5.29 per hour (40 hours per week)
Benefits to joining SMH:
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension after 3 months
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount schemes
- Access to preferential rates on vehicle leasing
- Annual leave purchase scheme (with qualifying period)
- Cycle to Work scheme (with qualifying period)
- Tech Benefits (with qualifying period)
- Childcare vouchers (with qualifying period)
- Regular reviews, training and 121’s to help develop and build your skills
So a typical day may involve:
- Gaining knowledge of all types of vehicle's
- To learn and perform diagnostic testing to identify faults
- To learn and conduct servicing and repairs to many different marques of vehicle
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment
- Working as a team and maintaining positive and open communication to assist in the smooth running of the workshop.
- Effectively communicating internally/externally, written and verbally
- Gaining an understanding of different warranty systems
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on time
- Following assignments through to completion, meeting deadlines and delivering on promises
- Committing to your training and development within the role
We are interested in hearing from you if:
- You have a keen interest in vehicle repair and the automotive industry
- You are willing to work to tight deadlines and as part of a team
- You have good organisational and prioritising skills
- You are able to work accurately with a high level of attention to detail
- You are looking to join a growing company and build on your skills and experience.
If you like the sound of what you have read and meet our criteria, we look forward to hearing from you in soon!